Going on a fishing charter in Florida gives you the chance to make memories that last a lifetime, with an experienced captain helping you to make the catch of your dreams. From fish species to how long you want to spend on the water, there’s a lot to consider. That’s why you need to plan the best fishing charter in Florida wisely.
What Florida Fishing Charter Length Should I Pick?
Whether you’re planning on hunting a goliath grouper or you’re going on a first-time trip with your kids, selecting the length of your fishing charter in Florida is important. Do you want a full day, half-day or a few hours? Most of the best fishing charters in Florida will provide these times. But selecting them depends on a couple of decisions.
As a general rule, the longer you’re out on the boat, the better chances of catching fish you have. That’s especially true when hunting for a specific fish. A full day on the water can be quite intense for beginners, so if you’re with kids then a half-day or a few hours is probably more suitable. If you want to go deep-sea fishing for a shark or monster trophy catch, a full-day trip is the best way to make that a realistic possibility.
What Type of Florida Fishing Charter Should I Pick?
Selecting the type of fish you want to catch will determine the kind of experience you’re going to have. If you’ve got your eyes on a specific species, then the decision has already been made. Otherwise, decide what type of experience you want and whether you want to keep your catch. Here’s our quick guide to selecting the type of Fishing charter in Florida that is best for you:
- Deep-Sea Fishing Charters – A full day, big water and big-game experience. Perfect for catching a variety of small fish as bait, before luring in sharks or monster goliaths!
- American Red Snapper Fishing Charters – A deep sea fishing experience, where you can take your catch home. Perfect for beginners and an exhilarating fight! Guaranteed fun.
- Goliath Grouper Fishing Charters – If you want to catch a true ocean monster, here’s your fish. A deep-sea experience that isn’t for the faint-hearted or beginners. Be prepared to fight!
- Grouper Fishing Charters – If you want to catch any iconic beast, then this is the trip for you. Perfect for those desperate for a trophy catch to boast about.
- Mangrove Snapper Fishing Charters – Guaranteed fun for all skill levels. This is a great trip for those who want to stay inshore while seeing an incredible action-packed fight!
- Redfish Fishing Charters – Fast-paced inshore fishing. Great for all skill levels and extremely tasty.
- Shark Fishing Charters – This is the ultimate challenge. If you want a shark, you want a shark – there isn’t much more to explain! Heart pounding stuff.
- Snook Fishing Charters – Violent fights and a delicious taste. Snooks are great for inshore fishing all round and all skill ranges.
- Tarpon Fishing Charters – Tarpon will give you a day full of stunning, action-packed fights. They look beautiful and are sports fish only.
Choosing a Florida Fishing Charter
Picking a fishing charter will come down to location, licensing and captain experience.
- Never settle for less than fully licensed and insured Florida fishing charters who are federally permitted.
- Find a location that is suitable for you to travel to, and provide access to all the best fishing locations in Florida.
- The captain should be an expert on all things fishing and Florida.
- Safety should be their number one priority.
Booking Your Florida Fishing Charter
Once you’ve chosen the Florida fishing charter that’s best for you, contact them and schedule a date and time. Ask the captain if they have any suggested times or dates for catching the fish you’re after and get ready to go fishing! Fishing solo with a great captain can be satisfying, but nothing beats fishing with your friends or family!
Packing for Your Trip
Your Florida fishing charter will provide you with all the tackle, bait ice and other gear that you need for the trip. You’ll need to think about anything that will help make your day on the water more enjoyable. Think about extra layers, towels, shades, sun protection, appropriate food, snacks and drinks, prescription medications and anything else that is essential!
The Day of the Trip
Once the day arrives and you’ve packed all your gear, fill up on a decent breakfast and take any motion sickness tablets if necessary. Head to the dock or meet up location ahead of time to avoid delays and get ready to experience the adventure of a lifetime
Book a Fishing Charter in Florida
If you’re interested in going on a fishing charter in Florida, then contact Coastal Outfitters today. With a fantastic knowledge for local waters and fishing hotspots, our captains will provide you with a day you’ll never forget!